Monday 3rd Feb, 11:15 am
Business and industry communicate about science and technology and conduct community engagement for many different reasons. Featuring a diverse panel of business, industry and engagement leaders, this session will explore:
- why and how business and industry gets involved with science communication and outreach activities
- the importance of connecting and engaging with audiences (in ways you wouldn’t have imagined)
- building meaningful relationships through science engagement
- how business and industry think about impact and the value of communicating
- what works, what doesn’t for building effective partnerships and why relationships are so important.
Those attending the session will hear from and be part of a discussion with the innovators working at the complex nexus between business and industry, communities, investors, government and science itself.
Have you got a question for our business and industry experts? Post it below!
Have you got a question for our business and industry experts? Post below!
Sarah Lau says
Looking forward to this session! It would be great to hear how the panel members describe the value of the science engagement activities they get involved with – particularly beyond the ‘feel-good factor’ (e.g. financial return, brand awareness, marketing investment), and some of the different ways they convince bosses/sponsors/board members/government departments that science engagement is a worthwhile and valuable undertaking.
Hi Sarah, the panel will cover this for sure. You might be interested in this report too: http://www.innovation.gov.au/science/InspiringAustralia/ExpertWorkingGroup/Documents/InspiringIndustry.PDF
And this presentation by (co-producer) Julia Martin: http://www.chass.org.au/papers/PAP20121101.php
Julia also wrote this article for Scope recently: http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2013/12/20/telling-a-science-story-industry-and-science-engagement/