We invite you to join us for this special public event to celebrate Australian science and science storytelling.
- Prof Peter Adams, The University of Queensland
- Prof Tim Flannery, Chair of the Climate Council
- Prof Jenny Graves, Australian Academy of Science Secretary for Education and Public Awareness
- Lynne Malcolm, ABC Science
- Dr Jesse Shore, Prismatic Sciences
- Hosted by Dr Andrew Stephenson, BrisScience
- Produced by Kali Madden and Andrew Stephenson
When: 3:00pm to 6:00pm on Sunday 2nd February, followed by optional networking at Bacchus, Rydges
Cost: $20 for both general public and delegates.
How: The Storytelling of Science is available on the online registration form as an additional function – tickets SOLD OUT
As attention spans shrink the ability to engage others with science is getting harder, but does this have to be the case? Whether it is Archimedes taking a bath or an apple falling on Newton’s head, stories are far more engaging and easier to remember than the facts science has to offer.
The ABC, the Australian Academy of Science, the Australian Science Communicators, and BrisScience are bringing Australia’s top scientists and communicators together to explore the storytelling of science. See the best in the nation tell their own story of science, and drive their discussion on the stories behind cutting edge science. From the origin of the universe to the exciting technologies that will change our future, this event is one story you will want to hear.
Anniversaries in 2014
60 years: Australian Academy of Science
50 years: ABC Science
20 years: Australian Science Communicators
Hosted by the Australian Science Communicators and BrisScience.