Jenni Metcalfe is the Director of Econnect Communication. She also lectures in science journalism at the University of Queensland. She has been a science communicator for more than 24 years, working as a journalist, practitioner and researcher in this area. Jenni has published many papers and articles on science communication. She was co-editor of the human scale: International practices in science communication, published in 2006 by Science Press, Beijing. She was President of the Australian Science Communicators (ASC) from 2005 to 2007. During that time, ASC hosted the World Conference of Science Journalists. Jenni has been a member of the scientific committee of the PCST Network for 16 years
- Working with scientists in developing countries to communicate science
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Digital Universe
- Social media in science: hero or villain?
- Science journalism under the microscope
- SCANZ-ASC Breakfast event
- Developing the evidence base: Inspiring Australia supported research
- Climate change “experts” on the internet soapbox: democratising science and the media through blogs