Have you got a story you’d love to promote to the media but don’t know where to start? Or perhaps you’re stuck for an angle for your media release or want feedback on your interview technique?
At the ASC Conference Interview Booth you can speak to a working science journalist about the story you or your organisation wants the world to know.
In a one-on-one session with a journalist you might choose to:
- Get feedback on a media statement you have released or are working on.
- Do a mock interview, get advice on talking to the media and take home a recording to review after the conference.
- Discuss angles you could take with your story, where to pitch it and how to make the story attractive to journalists.
- Ask anything you’ve always wanted to know about the mainstream media.
With your permission, our favourite stories will also be profiled on the ASC website and social media channels.
What to bring
- Your story idea or story challenge.
- A media release you are working on (if you have one).
- Your media questions.
- Your email address if you wish to be sent a copy of a recorded interview.
Sign up now
The interview booth will run every day of the conference during the morning, lunch and afternoon breaks but places are limited. To book your 10-minute session head to the Interview Booth Doodle poll.